Documentation Management Consulting
Recent IRS decisions have highlighted the importance for adequate documentation of an R&D claim.
Too much documentation and the R&D claim may yield a non-commercial result. Too little and the R&D claim may be disallowed fully.
Texas R&D Tax Credit Solutions’ technical team of engineers and scientists are expertly trained to commercially assess the eligibility of your R&D projects and their substantiation requirements and then work closely with you to scope them fully. Our engineers will capture the essence of your innovative ideas and R&D experiments in a format that meets legislative requirements. Our technical team will scope and write your R&D plans with minimal disruption to you and your staff, leaving you with more time to fulfill your daily work routine.
How we can help?
The staff at Texas R&D Tax Credit Solutions is trained to take a contemporaneous and prospective view when documenting an R&D claim.
We can assist you with the following:
- design a ‘best practice’ document management system aimed to be useful in your business environment
- prepare documentation required to formulate and execute experimental activities.
- quickly understand your accounting and project management systems and provide guidance on improvements
- prospectively work with you ‘on site’ to contemporaneously document projects for the purposes of meeting the requirements of the R&D tax incentive
- Assist with IRS plan writing, or preparation of R&D documentation for project manger sign off
All Texas R&D Tax Credit Solutions staff members are trained to be extremely stringent with the quality of R&D plans either produced or reviewed. In order to meet the QA and risk management requirements of our firm, each project plan (along with its substantiation) must first undergo a technical review, and then signed off by a qualified engineer. This is followed by a six-eye costing review managed by our Certified Public Accountants to ensure the highest possible quality for your claim.